My programme for Bristolcon Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention.

On Saturday, 25th October, I will be attending Bristolcon in (gasp!) Bristol, at the Doubletree Hotel.

The Guests of Honour are Jon Courtenay Grinwood, Emma Newman and Julian Quaye. It is a one-day Con, and you can read more about it here: http://www.bristolcon.org/

I am taking part in two panels, The first one is at 10.00 to 10.45 with  Joanne Hall, Rob Haines, Del Lakin-Smith, Emma Newman, and me as moderator.

The subject is Discoverability & Representation: How do we, as fans, overcome the Amazon effect, and the narrow selection available on booksellers’ SF&F tables, and support new writers and artists breaking through? – We know the booksellers are working on it but what can we do, both as individuals and as a collective of genre fans, writers and industry professionals?
Later on in the day, I shall be doing another panel from 17.00 to 17.45, on Past Lives, Future Visions: What can SF writers learn from history? What events lurk in the past that we don’t realise have happened or don’t think about – are we recreating the past when we envision the future? with Ben Jeapes (Mod), Janet Edwards, Dev Agarwal, Justin Newland and me.

When not sitting on these panels, I will probably dashing around trying to get to lots of other panels that interest me, including (but not limited to) Writing Historical Fiction at 13:00 – 13:45 and Sex or Death? from 16:00 – 16:45

This is the first time I have done anything active at a Con for quite a long time. So I may have to disguise myself as a ninja. 

(The only problem with this approach is that I am very fat, and therefore the disguise would be unlikely to succeed.) 

Comments

Popular Posts